Oct 23, 2013
The successful candidate will work as member of the Document Services team. The hours of work for this shift are as follows:
- Monday to Thursday 5:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
- Sunday 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Some overtime may be required and flexibility to meet demands of role.
Duties include: Typing, preparing and editing of documentation from various practice groups, responding to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint problems and/or questions, and conducting miscellaneous office services functions when required; e.g. switchboard, faxing, photocopying, binding.
- Post-secondary education in business, or related discipline. Legal Assistant Administration certificate preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years legal administrative experience with exposure to a variety of different practice groups.
- The successful candidate must have excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work independently and prioritize work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Understands the importance of and strict adherence to confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, strong dictation skills, and solid proof-reading skills are essential.
- Demonstrates consistency in providing high levels of customer service by handling requests appropriately with sound judgment, accuracy, speed and professionalism.
- Seasoned interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), a professional telephone manner, and the ability to work with a large volume of documentation.
- Able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, eager to learn and take initiative.
- Must be able to carry out any office services responsibility such as faxing, photocopying, binding, etc.
- Minimum 70 wpm typing speed.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Dentons Canada LLP
HR Fax: 416-361-2387
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.