Alex provides domestic and international clients with securities law advice in respect of private and public offerings, takeover bids and related matters. She also acts on a variety of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, as well as restructurings.
Prior to joining the Dentons team, Alex acted as the sole in-house counsel for a $450 million TSX-listed company. She was responsible for transactional, regulatory and corporate governance functions for the parent entity as well as its multiple subsidiaries. In addition to normal course operations, Alex assisted with a number of material transactions, including the restructuring of $100 million senior credit facility which culminated in the company’s emergence from forbearance, conversion to a corporation pursuant to a plan of arrangement (as described in the July, 2011 issue of Lexpert Magazine), debenture exchange in respect of two classes of debentures, and numerous acquisitions and dispositions of portfolio businesses.
Previously, Alex was an associate with Baker & McKenzie LLP, in its Toronto and London, UK offices.
Alex is involved with the Board of Directors as well as the Executive Committee of Women in Capital Markets, a prominent non-profit organization that promotes the entry, advancement, and development of women in the capital markets industry.
- Counsel to Osisko Mining Corporation in its proposed $550 million acquisition of Queenston Mining Inc. by way of plan of arrangement
- Counsel to St. Eugene Mining Corporation in connection with a $812,000 plan of arrangement with Claude Resources Inc. whereby Claude acquired all of the issued and outstanding shares of St. Eugene in exchange for the issuance of common shares of Claude and shares of Satori Resources Inc., a spin-out holding a key mineral property interest and related assets
- Represented Mountain Province Diamonds Inc. in connection with a plan of arrangement involving Kennady Diamonds Inc., including the listing of Kennady on the TSX-V
- Represented Noront Resources Inc. in a brokered private placement of 4,073,800 flow-through shares for net proceeds of $3 million
- Counsel to Noront Resources Inc. in connection with a $10 million private placement of 19,230,769 common shares to Resource Capital Fund
- Represented Noront Resources Inc. in a $1.5 million private placement of 2,566,151 common shares to Baosteel Resources International pursuant to a previously granted option triggered by the above placement with Resource Capital Fund
- Counsel to Azumah Resources Limited in connection with a $20 million prospectus offering of 50,000,000 shares, in all provinces of Canada other than Quebec and certain international jurisdictions
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Director, Executive Committtee Member, Women in Capital Markets
Community Involvement and Pro Bono