Andrew is a senior associate in the Corporate practice in Muscat and joined Dentons in 2010. His practice area covers
mergers, acquisitions and disposals, private equity, establishing
and reorganising businesses, public and private securities issues,
joint ventures and other commercial agreements and associated
- Advising international businesses on establishing operations in
Oman, including all aspects of the inward investment regime,
associated regulatory issues and shareholder arrangements.
- Advising on a range of private equity transactions, including
acting for management and equity houses on both investments and
- Acting for a sovereign wealth fund on a number of cross-border
investments involving India, Singapore, Cyprus and Mauritius.
- Advising HSBC Holdings plc and HSBC Bank Middle East Limited on
the merger of HSBC’s Oman operations with Oman International Bank
SAOG to create the Sultanate’s second largest bank by branches and
deposits, with total assets of approximately USD 5.7 billion.
- Advising on M&A transactions and joint venture
arrangements, both domestic and cross-border.
- Andrew also has in-house experience, having spent time on
secondment with a major UK financial services business, as well as
with the UK arm of an international telecoms firm.