Andrew is a senior associate in the Corporate practice in Dubai and joined Dentons in 2010. Andrew has considerable experience advising on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and disposals, leveraged and non-leveraged private equity transactions and multi-jurisdictional investments by sovereign wealth funds. He regularly provides international businesses with advice in connection with all aspects of the inward investment regime, including the forms of corporate vehicle available, the incorporation of companies, foreign ownership restrictions, complex shareholders' agreements and related enforcement issues. Andrew is also experienced in advising upon corporate governance and other regulatory requirements applicable to listed entities.
- Advising international businesses on establishing operations in Oman and the UAE, including all aspects of the inward investment regime, associated regulatory issues and shareholder arrangements.
- Acting for HSBC Bank Middle East Limited as global coordinator and bookrunner and for HSBC Bank Oman SAOG as issue manager on the IPO of Sembcorp Salalah Power & Water Company SAOG.
- Advising on a range of private equity transactions, including acting for management and equity houses on both investments and exits.
- Acting for a sovereign wealth fund on a number of cross-border investments involving India, Singapore, Cyprus and Mauritius.
- Advising HSBC Holdings plc and HSBC Bank Middle East Limited on the merger of HSBC’s Oman operations with Oman International Bank SAOG to create the Sultanate’s second largest bank by branches and deposits, with total assets of approximately USD 5.7 billion.
- Advising on M&A transactions and joint venture arrangements, both domestic and cross-border.
- Andrew also has in-house experience, having spent time on secondment with a major UK financial services business, as well as with the UK arm of an international telecoms firm.