Artur Cieślik is a senior associate in Dentons' Warsaw office. He specialises in securities law, commercial law and civil law. He provides day-to-day legal advice to both foreign and domestic companies, focusing on securities, capital markets, financial institutions and corporate affairs. He advises on M&A transactions, in both the public and the private sector and on restructuring and IPO procedures.
Artur gained valuable experience whilst working for the Legal Department of Warsaw Stock Exchange and for the Legal Department of an IT company on the WIG 20 index. He was responsible for various aspects of the company's activities regarding capital markets, IPO and reporting, and establishing relations with the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, the Warsaw Stock Exchange and the National Depository for Securities.
- Preparing a prospectus for Asseco Business Solutions
- Assisting on the sale of shares in a major Polish insurance company
- Representing investment funds before the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (PFSA)
- Advising and preparing financial documentation in the process of transformation and merger of capital companies
- Assisting with a squeeze-out in a Polish joint-stock company
- Coordinating a due diligence investigation for Carrefour in the acquisition process of Ahold Polska in Poland, the largest acquisition in the retail market to date in Central & Eastern Europe
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- Senior Associate - Dentons (formerly Salans), Warsaw (2006 to date)
- In-house Lawyer - Legal Department of SYGNITY S.A. - formerly ComputerLand S.A. (2004-2006)
- In-house Lawyer - Legal Department of Warsaw Stock Exchange (1997-2004)