Christopher Winn is a senior associate in Dentons’ London Corporate Group. Christopher focuses on M&A, private equity and joint ventures. He is also experienced in hospitality and corporate finance and is regularly involved in cross-border transactional work for both private and listed companies. Christopher has spent time working in Italy and has acted on a number of transactions for Italian clients, working both in English and Italian.
Christopher was seconded to Hilton Worldwide in 2011/12 during which he supported Hilton’s Europe, Africa and Middle East in-house legal team.
- Advising Enel SpA on the sale of its interest in Arctic Russia B.V., a joint venture which owns an interest in four licences for the exploration and production of hydrocarbons in the region of Yamal Nenets, in Russia, to Rosneft. The sale price was US$1.8 billion.
- Advising European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the equity aspects of a convertible loan facility to Cotton Way, a leading Russian industrial laundry and textile company, which was jointly funded by Russian Direct Investment Fund.
- Acted for Otkritie Financial Corporation JSC, one of Russia's leading banking groups, on its proposed purchase of Latvian bank 'GE Money Bank' from SIA GE Money Latvia Holdings, from GE Capital.
- Advising Sahaviriya Steel Industries Plc in relation to its acquisition of Tata Steel’s Teesside steel manufacturing plant in Redcar, England (ex-British Steel and Corus) through an asset sale transaction including the complex separation of steel manufacturing assets situated on some 3,000 acres of industrial land, continuing shared services and assets.
- Advising a Kazakh main market listed mining company on a partial offer by a Russian based group, in particular, assisting on Eurobond and corporate finance issues arising in relation to the offer.
- Advising an ethical clothing company on an equity investment by a large global fashion house.
- Acting for an international in-flight entertainment group on an investment by a private equity house, providing advice on corporate governance and exit provisions.
- Acting for the purchaser of a football club and advising on the Takeover Code implications; assisted on a number of debt and equity investments by other investors into the football club and additional equity capital raisings.
- Advising an Italian software company on its acquisition of a UK-based software development company.
- Advised a Russian state buyer on its acquisition of the controlling interest in a nuclear and power engineering enterprise based in Ukraine.
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- Senior Associate – Dentons, London (2014 to date)
- Associate – Dentons [formerly Salans], London (2010-2014)
- Lawyer – Withers LLP (2003-2010)