Dick has a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations affecting development. He has over 30 years experience in real estate development, and has extensive experience with joint ventures, development approvals and infrastructure requirements. Dick has been noted to provide innovative solutions in developer-municipal relations.
Dick has been recognized by Lexpert for Real Estate Development and as one of Canada’s Best Lawyers. Dick is also a proud winner of the Spirit of UDI award, awarded for contribution to the Urban Development Institute.
- Represented Prairie Communities Corp. in the process of challenging the validity of development charges imposed by the Town of Okotoks (December 2011)
- Represented Glenwood Developments in a transaction involving the rollover of lands held by members of a joint venture to a limited partnership (November 2011)
- Counsel to CB Developments Ltd. in a transaction involving the acquisition and financing of land, as well as a multi-party joint venture (September 2011)
- Advisor in preparation and guidance in the establishment of a limited partnership for the purposes of acquiring and development of a proposed mixed use high rise development
- Advisor on numerous issues to Urban Development Institute
- Over 40 active joint ventures for various parties
- Recommended in Best Lawyers in Canada 2013 and 2014 as a leading lawyer in the area of Real Estate Law
- Recognized by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2011, 2012 and 2013 as one of Canada's repeatedly recommended lawyers in the area of Property Development
Activities and Affiliations
Community Involvement and Pro Bono
- Dick’s enthusiasm for golf is only overshadowed by his enthusiasm for the practice of law