Duccio Mortillaro has had extensive transactional experience in
several law firms and has built a cross-border transactional
He focuses on corporate transactions with an emphasis on
representing foreign investors (mainly Italian and from other
European countries) in the United States and US interests in
Europe and Latin America in all aspects of corporate law, from
entity formation to shareholders' agreements to mergers and
He represents clients in a variety of industries, focused on
manufacturing and consumer goods.
Duccio's practice is based in New York and Los Angeles
and includes joint ventures, licensing, sales, distribution
(including motion picture and merchandising distribution) and consulting agreements, and representation of start-ups in
venture capital financing.
He also has experience in the project finance field, having
represented developers in all phases of energy and
telecommunication projects, both domestic and international.
His clients range in size and scope from small, privately owned
businesses to large corporations and nonprofit organizations.
Additionally, Duccio manages the US legal issues associated
with the operations of several European companies doing business in
the United States, acting, in effect, as their general counsel in
the United States.
He assists these clients in all areas of the law, ranging from
corporate and transactional to litigation matters.
Duccio is a frequent speaker to a wide range of organizations
and has written extensively on subject matters related to corporate
and international law.
In addition to being fluent in Italian and Spanish, Duccio reads French and
- Co-author, "The Maturation of Italy's Response to European Community Law: Electric and Telecommunication Sectors Institutional Innovations," Fordham International Law Journal, 2001
Activities and Affiliations
- Italy-America Chamber of Commerce West, Los Angeles
- Past president, 2001 – 2003, 2004 – 2005
- Duccio has served on the board as an officer for almost 10 years.
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Milan Order of the Bar