The financial services world has seen its fair share of upheaval. In this ever-changing industry, you need a partner with global reach and local know-how to navigate the financial services regulatory environment around the world and the expertise to design and execute the best lending transaction that meets your goals.
Dentons gets it—we understand the complexities of the sector and you get responsive, practical, on-the-ground advice on everything from simple, domestic lending transactions to the most complex, cross-border financings.
Tap into one of the largest and broadest banking and finance departments in the industry. Whether for acquisition finance, asset-based lending, aviation finance, corporate and commercial lending, syndicated financing, debt capital markets, equipment leasing and finance, media and entertainment financing, health care financing, hotel financing, Islamic finance, project finance, real estate finance, retail and consumer finance, ship and marine finance, tax credits, trade and commodity finance, venture technology or warehouse finance, you have access to a full range of specialized practice areas around the world.
And you shouldn’t just expect traditional banking and finance work. You can leverage our sector knowledge and understanding together with a full range of commercial legal services across related sectors like real estate, technology, media and telecoms, litigation and employment. Knowledge that can prove critical to the success of any financing.
More About Finance
- A Canadian bank: Advising, as administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders, with respect to a C$375 million cross-border financing for DirectCash Payments Inc., the leading provider of ATMs, debit terminals, prepaid phone cards and prepaid cash cards in Canada. The agreement included revolving and non-revolving loans (both with Australian Tranches), a non-revolving equity bridge loan and a non-revolving high yield bond bridge loan.
- Capital Power Income L.P.: Advising on its C$1.1 billion acquisition by Atlantic Power Corporation.
- China Development Bank: Advising on a C$352 million credit facility to Canadian Royalties Inc., a subsidiary of Jilin Jien Nickel Industry Co. Bank. The facility was drawn in tranches and is secured on the assets of Canadian Royalties Inc.
- Citi Trust Company Canada: Acting for Citi Trust Company Canada on Air Canada's US$714,534,000 Pass-Through Certificates Series 2013-1 - the first financing in Canada using Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates (EETCs) under the Cape Town Convention enacted by Parliament (effective April 1, 2013).
- Royal Bank of Canada Natixis New York Branch: Advising on a C$252 million project financing by Le Plateau Wind Power LP (a wholly owned subsidiary of Invenergy Wind LLC) for the development, construction, ownership and operation of a 138.6 megawatt wind-power generation facility in the MRC d’Avignon, QC.
United StatesJune 14, 2013
Aviation FinanceJanuary 17, 2013
The 2013 edition of The Legal 500 US recognizes 15 Dentons practices and 42 lawyers, representing a more than 50 percent increase in total rankings in the past year. Recognition for the Firm includes "seamless extensions of clients’ teams;" "exemplary strategic and tactical leadership;" and "far above other firms, both in technical strengths and business experience." Read more
AirFinance Journal's 2012 Lawyers Survey ranked SNR Denton first in the Most Commercially Aware, Most Innovative, Deals Done Quickly, After-Deal Support and Fairest Fee categories. The Firm came in second for Best Overall Law Firm and Best Industry Knowledge. Read moreTrade and Commodity FinanceSeptember 6, 2012
SNR Denton has been ranked by the ACQ Global Awards 2012 as trade finance law firm of the year in the Middle East. Read more
View all recognition for Finance
Banking and FinanceDecember 3, 2013
Our panel provided key insights for Canadian derivatives markets participants into the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC) final Interpretive Guidance and Policy Statement and July 2013 Exemptive Order. Read moreFinancial Institutions RegulatoryApril 4, 2013
A number of Dodd-Frank compliance deadlines are quickly approaching for all users of swap contracts. By April 10, 2013, all swap counterparties must obtain a "legal entity identifier," currently known as the "CFTC Interim Compliant Identifier" or "CICI." Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) regulations require that the CICI be used for swap data recordkeeping as well as swap data reporting. Read moreAsset Finance and LendingNovember 28, 2012
During 2012, many of those involved in drafting and negotiating facility agreements will have followed the progress of draft legislation, and other related developments, on FATCA, Basel III and LIBOR. Adam Pierce explains what is expected to happen next in each of these areas, and how these changes are likely to affect English law facility agreements in 2013. Read more
View all insights for Finance
News and Events
Recent Press Releases
EnergyJanuary 13, 2014
Dentons is pleased to announce that Charles July has joined the firm as a partner in the energy, infrastructure and project finance practice in London. Charles joins from Watson, Farley & Williams where he was a partner and former head of the firm's projects, commodities and export finance group in London. Prior to this, Charles headed the energy and infrastructure team at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. Read moreParisFebruary 13, 2013
Salans Paris advises the French National Railway Company (SNCF) on a 1 billion euro structured bond issuance. Read moreFinancial Institutions RegulatoryDecember 4, 2012
Leading financial services law firm SNR Denton announced today the enhancement of its Financial Institutions Regulatory team, with an expanded roster of senior former government and regulatory officials providing comprehensive advice and counsel for clients across the US, as well as throughout the world. Read more
View all press releases for Finance