The financial services world has seen its fair share of upheaval. In this ever-changing industry, you need a partner with global reach and local know-how to navigate the financial services regulatory environment around the world and the expertise to design and execute the best lending transaction that meets your goals.
Dentons gets it—we understand the complexities of the sector and you get responsive, practical, on-the-ground advice on everything from simple, domestic lending transactions to the most complex, cross-border financings.
Tap into one of the largest and broadest banking and finance departments in the industry. Whether for acquisition finance, asset-based lending, aviation finance, corporate and commercial lending, syndicated financing, debt capital markets, equipment leasing and finance, media and entertainment financing, health care financing, hotel financing, Islamic finance, project finance, real estate finance, retail and consumer finance, ship and marine finance, tax credits, trade and commodity finance, venture technology or warehouse finance, you have access to a full range of specialized practice areas around the world.
And you shouldn’t just expect traditional banking and finance work. You can leverage our sector knowledge and understanding together with a full range of commercial legal services across related sectors like real estate, technology, media and telecoms, litigation and employment. Knowledge that can prove critical to the success of any financing.
More About Finance
- A Canadian bank: Advising, as administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders, with respect to a C$375 million cross-border financing for DirectCash Payments Inc., the leading provider of ATMs, debit terminals, prepaid phone cards and prepaid cash cards in Canada. The agreement included revolving and non-revolving loans (both with Australian Tranches), a non-revolving equity bridge loan and a non-revolving high yield bond bridge loan.
- Capital Power Income L.P.: Advising on its CA$1.1 billion acquisition by Atlantic Power Corporation.
- China Development Bank: Advising on a CA$352 million credit facility to Canadian Royalties Inc., a subsidiary of Jilin Jien Nickel Industry Co. Bank. The facility was drawn in tranches and is secured on the assets of Canadian Royalties Inc.
- Citi Trust Company Canada: Acting for Citi Trust Company Canada on Air Canada's US$714,534,000 Pass-Through Certificates Series 2013-1 - the first financing in Canada using Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates (EETCs) under the Cape Town Convention enacted by Parliament (effective April 1, 2013).
- Confidential client: Counsel to the Agent and the lending syndicate in respect of Imperial Metals Corporation’s CA$200 million senior secured revolving credit facility consisting of two tranches: a CA$50 million revolving working capital tranche and a CA$150 million revolving construction tranche. The senior credit facility was completed concurrently with an offering of US$325 million 7% senior notes due 2019, and a junior unsecured revolving term credit facility of up to CA$75 million. Imperial Metals Corporation, an exploration, mine development and operating company based in Vancouver, used partial proceeds of the borrowings at closing to refinance existing indebtedness, and intends to use the balance of the proceeds and borrowings to partially finance the development, construction and commissioning of the Red Chris copper and gold mine in northwestern British Columbia, for ongoing working capital requirements and for general corporate purposes.
- River Cree: Counsel to the administrative agent and the syndicate of lenders with respect to a CA$122 million secured credit facility for the financing of the River Cree Resort and Casino, a casino, hotel and sports complex located in Edmonton, Alberta and subsequent refinancing that included C$45 million senior debt term facility and C$200 million high yield cross-border bonds; this deal marks the first time a Canadian First Nation-owned company issued cross-border bonds.
June 14, 2013
January 17, 2013
The 2013 edition of The Legal 500 US recognizes 15 Dentons practices and 42 lawyers, representing a more than 50 percent increase in total rankings in the past year. Recognition for the Firm includes "seamless extensions of clients’ teams;" "exemplary strategic and tactical leadership;" and "far above other firms, both in technical strengths and business experience." Read more
September 6, 2012
AirFinance Journal's 2012 Lawyers Survey ranked SNR Denton first in the Most Commercially Aware, Most Innovative, Deals Done Quickly, After-Deal Support and Fairest Fee categories. The Firm came in second for Best Overall Law Firm and Best Industry Knowledge. Read more
SNR Denton has been ranked by the ACQ Global Awards 2012 as trade finance law firm of the year in the Middle East. Read more
View all recognition for Finance
June 3, 2014
December 3, 2013
North American lenders find themselves in a Borrowers’ market where there is fierce competition for every quality middle market financing out there. Historically, lenders have tried to differentiate themselves from their competition by offering aggressive pricing, reduced banking fees and flexible covenant packages. Now, US and European lenders have gone one step further and are marketing a new loan structure called the “unitranche loan”. Read more
November 15, 2013
Our panel provided key insights for Canadian derivatives markets participants into the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC) final Interpretive Guidance and Policy Statement and July 2013 Exemptive Order. Read more
Dentons recently authored an article, published in the Global Trade Review, on the legal and commercial background to the emerging international trade law dispute between rum exporters in the Forum of the Caribbean Group of African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) States (CARIFORUM) and the US Government. Read more
View all insights for Finance
News and Events
Recent Press Releases
January 13, 2014
February 13, 2013
Dentons is pleased to announce that Charles July has joined the firm as a partner in the energy, infrastructure and project finance practice in London. Charles joins from Watson, Farley & Williams where he was a partner and former head of the firm's projects, commodities and export finance group in London. Prior to this, Charles headed the energy and infrastructure team at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. Read more
December 4, 2012
Salans Paris advises the French National Railway Company (SNCF) on a 1 billion euro structured bond issuance. Read more
Leading financial services law firm SNR Denton announced today the enhancement of its Financial Institutions Regulatory team, with an expanded roster of senior former government and regulatory officials providing comprehensive advice and counsel for clients across the US, as well as throughout the world. Read more
View all press releases for Finance