Geoff is a senior associate in the Toronto Litigation and Dispute Resolution group. His commercial litigation practice includes contract disputes, product liability claims, and insurance defence work. He also has experience in the specialized areas of election law, estates litigation, and construction law.
Geoff offers his clients a unique blend of strong advocacy skills combined with intensive and practical strategic communications experience. In addition to his legal advocacy experience, Geoff was the Progressive Conservative candidate for the riding of Mississauga South in the 2011 Ontario election. Having earned coverage in numerous media outlets, including Global Television, the National Post, the Globe and Mail, the Toronto Sun, CFRB 1010, TVO, OMNI Television, and the Mississauga News, Geoff has a wealth of experience in public communications. He has also appeared as a guest on TVO’s The Agenda with Steve Paikin, the Haze FM, and CFRA Ottawa.
Geoff is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School, where he was awarded a top oralist prize at the national Laskin Moot. He also holds a Masters degree in Modern History from Oxford University, and an Honours Bachelor of Arts (with High Distinction) from Trinity College at the University of Toronto. In addition to numerous academic awards and distinctions, Geoff received the Trinity College Chancellor’s Silver Medal in Arts for graduating second in his class.
An avid traveler, Geoff has travelled throughout India, China, Japan, Thailand, Europe, Canada, and the United States.
- Laskin Moot Third Place Oralist (2007)
- Trinity College Silver Medal in Arts (2003)
- "Supreme Court defers to restrictive covenants negotiated by commercial parties", International Law Office, November 5, 2013
- "Internet Usage May Lead to Dismissal", Legal Alert, August 2013
- "The Right to Arbitrate – Only as Solid as the Language Used: When is a Dispute "Commercial" under the
International Commercial Arbitration Act (Ontario)?", Journal d’Arbitrage et de Médiation Canadien, November 2009
- Co-Author, “Pre-Trial Considerations in the Context of Contested Applications to Pass Accounts.” Paper presented to Ontario Bar Association seminar entitled “Passing of Accounts: Getting Cost Effective Results,” November 2007
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, Albany Club
Community Involvement and Pro Bono
- Deputy Counsel to the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party 2014 Election Campaign
- Extensive involvement in numerous federal and provincial election campaigns and riding associations
- Pro Bono Law Ontario Small Claims Court Duty Counsel Project past participant