Jane is a managing associate and heads up the non-contentious construction practice. She specializes in advising developers, funds, purchasers, tenants and contractors on all aspects of the procurement of buildings and highways and has worked on numerous complex and high-value projects. Jane has experience of all the major forms of construction documentation and has devised and negotiated bespoke forms of procurement methodology where specific projects have required it. She also has considerable experience of acting on real estate finance transactions for major UK banks and advising on step-in provisions where borrowers have defaulted.
In the sphere of public sector procurement, Jane has advised on competitive dialogue and restricted procedure projects as well as advised consortia and contractors on the construction aspects of PFI projects.
- Westfield Shoppingtowns Ltd: Advising on the £200 million extension and redevelopment of the Eagle Shopping Centre, Derby, which involved drafting and negotiating a bespoke construction contract and associated appointments and warranties. Also advising Westfield on the construction documentation pertaining to other shopping centre redevelopments, totalling some £450 million, at Nottingham, Bradford, Tunbridge Wells, Merry Hill and Guildford.
- John Lewis Plc: Advising on the construction aspects of the development of a flagship department store in Birmingham.
- Barclays Bank Plc: Drafting and negotiating main contract framework agreements for various works across Barclays portfolio of properties.
- Ernst & Young (as administrator): Advising on the construction issues arising out of the administration of Von Essen hotels.
- Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd: Advising on (as Sainsbury's sole legal adviser in connection with construction contracts) a major overhaul of the documentation it uses for all construction procurement.
- Viridis Properties: Advising on all aspects of the conversion of offices into high-end residential properties in Central London.
- Aldersgate Investments Ltd: Advising on a £60 million project to construct a 300,000 sq ft mixed-use development in London.
- Moorfield Group: Advising on the construction aspects of numerous developments including a tourist hotel, student accommodation, refurbishment works at hotels in Oxford and Bath, an office development and a warehouse extension.
- GMAC (part of General Motors): Advising on the construction of its head office and associated data centre.
- Argos Ltd: Advising on the construction of a major distribution centre and ancillary infrastructure works.
- Kier: Advising on and drafting the construction documentation for numerous development projects, including an enterprise centre at Reading University, hotels, retail parks and industrial units.
- Young Vic Theatre: Advising on the redevelopment of the Young Vic Theatre in London.
- CCURV LLP: Advising this joint venture between Croydon Council and John Laing on the construction aspects of the redevelopment of Croydon Council's civic offices and the development of residential units and a leisure centre.
- Lloyds TSB: Advising on due diligence and potential procurement structures for the provision of funding for the construction of a mixed-use development at Wembley.
- Eurohypo AG: Advising on the construction aspects of a £130 million development loan facility for the construction of numerous distribution centres across the UK.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland: Advising on the construction aspects of a loan facility being provided to an SPV for the construction of affordable housing in the UK.
- Bank of Ireland: Advising on due diligence and potential procurement structures for the provision of £140 million of funding for the construction of four blocks of residential accommodation in London.
- Coutts & Co: Advising on the construction aspects of a development loan facility for the renovation of the second biggest private residence in London.
- Milton Keynes Council: Advising on all aspects of the re-tendering of the Council's waste management services contracts procured via the restricted procedure and competitive dialogue.
- Bedford County Council: Advising on the construction aspects of the realignment of the A6 highway.
- Homes and Communities Agency: Advising on and drafting the necessary construction documentation for the construction of a leisure centre and associated highway works.
- Confidential contractor: Advising on the bid for a £1.1 billion, 15 year term contract to undertake various infrastructure projects at the Sellafield nuclear plant.
- Bombardier Transportation: Advising on the construction aspects of Bombardier's bid for the circa £6 billion Thameslink project.
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- Managing Associate – Dentons [formerly SNR Denton] (2008 to date)
- Senior Lawyer – Dentons [formerly SNR Denton] (2005-2008)
- Lawyer – Dentons [formerly SNR Denton] (2004-2005)
- Lawyer – SJ Berwin (1999-2004)
- Trainee Lawyer – SJ Berwin (1997-1999).