Jeffrey Geron has more than 20 years of experience
representing clients in connection with a broad range of
transactional work, including structuring and negotiating domestic
and international acquisitions and dispositions of stock and
assets, joint ventures, private equity, venture capital, corporate
restructuring transactions and general corporate matters. He has
developed a reputation among clients as a strategic, thoughtful and
highly practical business advisor.
Jeffrey’s clients have involved him in a wide range of industry
sectors, including energy, cable and satellite television, radio,
film and entertainment, telecommunications, publishing, finance,
computer software, Internet services, health care and
biotechnology, real estate, consumer goods, art and railcars.
- Representation of Capital Power in connection with its sale of three New England combined cycle, natural gas-fired power generation facilities totaling 1,050 megawatts of generating capacity.
- Representation of IHI Corporation in connection with its acquisition of US renewable energy assets.
- Representation of Carl C. Icahn in connection with numerous acquisitions and contests of control of various companies, including Tropicana Entertainment, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Federal Mogul, Marvel Entertainment and RJR Nabisco.
- Corporate representation in numerous Chapter 11 cases, including: Movie Gallery (plan sponsor), Young Broadcasting (debtor), Freemont General (plan sponsor), Urban Brands (largest unsecured creditor) and NewComm Wireless Services (debtor).
- Representation of a majority bondholder in connection with a complex US$500 million out-of-court restructuring of a cable television and communications service provider.
- Representation of a joint venture owned and operated by three public companies in connection with its proposed US$5 billion merger with a European joint venture owned and operated by four public companies.