Jennifer Bennett is an experienced, technically trained patent litigation partner in the firm's Patent Litigation and Intellectual Property and Technology practice. Jennifer has a significant track record as the managing lawyer in complex patent infringement cases in the US district courts in Delaware, Texas and California, as well as in cases before the International Trade Commission. Her patent litigation, including jury trial experience, has focused on various complex technologies, with a particular emphasis on biopharmaceuticals, medical devices, molding, electronics, wireless radio and wire line transmission networks, data transmission, and software applications.
Jennifer received a Bachelor of Science at the University of Southern California and JD at Santa Clara Law School, where she was an editor of the Santa Clara Computer and High Technology Law Journal. A registered patent attorney in the US Patent and Trademark Office, Jennifer focuses on representation of global electronics, telecommunications, wireless and wire line networking companies in high stakes, fast-paced patent infringement litigations.
- Finisar Corp. v. Nistica, Inc. (N.D. Ca.) - Represent Defendant in a multi-patent infringement lawsuit between competitors Finisar Corp. and Nistica involving wavelength selective switches (WSS) and reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) linecards and optics technologies, including micro electronic mechanical system (MEMS) mirrors and liquid crystal on silicon (LCOS) technology for optical switching.
- Sheehan Genetics, LLC and Benkirk, Inc. v. Jakov P. Dulcich & Sons, LLC (E.D. Ca.) - Represent Plaintiffs in a patent action involving a plant patent on a table grape variety.
- Grant Street Group, Inc. v. Ipreo Holdings LLC (W.D. Pa.) - Represent Defendant in a patent infringement action involving software for municipal bond auctions.
- Robert Bosch Healthcare Systems, Inc. v. ExpressMD Solutions, LLC (N.D. Ca.) - Represent Defendant in a multi- patent litigation involving telehealth services.
- Shared Medical Resources, LLC & CDX Diagnostics, Inc. v. Histologics LLC (C.D.Ca.) - Represent Defendant Histologics LLC in patent infringement litigation between competitor medical device companies involving minimally invasive biopsy products.
- Represented a multinational consumer electronics company in a patent infringement case in the Eastern District of Texas involving sophisticated controllers used in video game consoles and equipment for managing motion detection and control systems
- In the Matter of Certain Cases for Portable Electronic Devices (International Trade Commission) - Represent complainant in a patent infringement case in the ITC involving peripheral products re portable electronic devices.
- Personalized User Model, LLP v. Google, Inc. (D. Del.) - Represent plaintiff in a patent infringement case involving electronic circuits used for controlling personalized Internet search technology.
- The PACid Group, LLC v. Apple, Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex.) - Represented defendant Broadcom in patent infringement litigation involving information encryption technology. The case settled before trial.
- Genentech, Inc., Tercica, Inc. v. Insmed Inc., (N.D. Ca.) - Represented Tercica in an infringement action against Insmed involving multiple patents relating to biopharmaceuticals. The jury returned a verdict of infringement of each of the patents-in-suit, including willful infringement of one.
- Amgen, Inc. v. Roche Pharm., (D. Mass.) - Represented Amgen in an infringement action against Roche involving multiple patents relating to biopharmaceuticals. The jury returned a verdict of infringement of each of the patents-in-suit.
- Sigma-Aldrich, Inc. v. Open Biosystems, Inc., (E.D. Mo.) - Represented Sigma in a multi-patent infringement action against Open Biosystems involving lentiviral technology resulting in a settlement.
Honors and Awards
- Listed, "Northern California Rising Stars," Intellectual Property Litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2013
- Listed, Rising Star, 2014
Activities and Affiliations
- Speaker, "Likely Defenses Presented When Enforcing Your Patents Against Competitors: Moves and Counter-Moves," IP Strategy Summit: Patent Enforcement, Palo Alto, CA, October 17, 2013
Prior and Present Employment
Prior to joining Dentons, Jennifer practiced at McDermott Will and Emery LLP in Palo Alto. She is also a registered patent attorney licensed to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office. Jennifer is proficient in Spanish.