Jessica practises securities and corporate law. Her practice is focused primarily on drafting commercial contracts and advising issuers and underwriters with respect to public and private securities offerings. As well, she assists public issuers with their securities reporting and compliance obligations.
Jessica has assisted clients with a variety of transactions related to private placements, acquisitions and initial public offerings.
Prior to joining Dentons Canada LLP, Jessica advised a pharmaceutical company and a technology transfer office on intellectual property matters.
- EMR Capital Resources: Advising the experienced resource private equity firm from Australia, on its strategic investment in EPM Mining Ventures, a TSX-V listed company with a potash project in Utah.
- China Gold International Resources Corp. Ltd.: Advising the Canadian TSX/HKEx listed company which operates mines in Mongolia and the in Tibet Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China, on the US$500 million issuance of bonds, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Skyland Mining (BVI) Limited.
- Hebei Zhongbo Platinum Co. Limited: Advising the private Chinese company acquiring Eastern Platinum Limited’s entire South African platinum group metal business, including the Crocodile River Mine, Spitzkop, Kennedy’s Vale and Mareesburg projects and their associated mining and prospecting rights and all loan agreements that Eastplats has with its subsidiary companies, for a total consideration of US$225 million
- Counsel to Eastcoal Inc. in connection with its $17 million financing by way of private placement
- Counsel to EastCoal Inc. in a $17,010,000 financing transaction and the acquisition of the Menzhinsky coal mine in the Ukraine
- Counsel to Silver Predator Corp. in an arrangement involving the acquisition of all outstanding securities of Nevgold Resource Corp.
- Counsel to Niblack Mineral Development Inc. in a court-approved plan of arrangement of the sale of the company to Heatherdale Resources Ltd.
- Counsel to Brilliant Resources Inc. in the acquisition of Ivory Resources Inc. and concurrent private placement and units for debt transaction for 85,185,169 units of the company
- Counsel to North American Tungsten Corporation Ltd. in a bought deal offering of 23,000,000 units of the company and the exercise in full of an over-allotment option for 3,000,000 additional units for aggregate gross proceeds of $11,500,000
- Counsel to Geologix Explorations Inc. in a bought deal offering of 34,849,000 common shares of the company including an additional 4,545,600 common shares of the company pursuant to the exercise of an over-allotment option for aggregate gross proceeds of $23,000,736
- Represented Procon Mining & Tunnelling in the restructuring of and investment in Cross Lake Minerals Ltd., completed by way of a Plan of Arrangement
- Counsel to Inspectorate and parent companies Inspicio and 3i, a London-based private equity firm, on the $25 million acquisition of PRA Labs
- Counsel to BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc. and Raymond James Ltd. in connection with the $20 million private placement of a TSX listed communications and media company
- Counsel to US Gold Corporation (NYSE.A;TSX:UXG) on its successful completion of simultaneous take-over bids for three TSX-V listed gold exploration companies with an aggregate transaction value of US$160 million
- CHIP REIT $1.2 billion acquisition by British Columbia Investment Management Corporation
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Securities and Business Subsections, B.C. Branch, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association