Kara is responsible for the recruitment, management and development of legal professionals and staff within the Canada Region. She works closely with the Firm’s senior leadership, professionals and human resources teams to ensure that the talent management programs meet the needs of our clients and our people. Kara is also one of the architects of the Canada Region’s diversity and inclusion initiatives and continues to focus on achieving results in this area.
- 2012 NALP Service Excellence Award, given in recognition of exceptional service to NALP and to a member who "embodies the spirit of volunteerism that infuses NALP with energy, knowledge and collegiality"
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Law Practice Management Section
- Chair, Canadian Section of the National Association of Legal Professionals (2009)
- Member, National Association of Legal Professionals, Canadian Diversity Working Group (2007 - Present)
- Chair, National Association of Legal Professionals, Canadian Directory of Legal Employers Working Group (2006 - 2009). This project won the NALP President's Award in 2008.
- Member, Professional Development Consortium
Community Involvement and Pro Bono
Canadian Women’s Foundation Move for Hope Toronto – Co-Chair
- Kara is a frequent speaker at law schools, professional association conferences, etc.