Kori is an associate in the Financial Services Group. His practice involves representing both borrowers and lenders in various banking matters and commercial transactions and also representing clients in insolvency, restructuring and related commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Dentons Canada LLP, Kori was a supervisor at a Legal Aid Ontario funded clinic where he represented clients at various judicial and quasi-judicial proceedings.
- Counsel to the administrative agent and the syndicate of lenders with respect to a CA$122 million secured credit facility for the financing of the River Cree Resort and Casino, a casino, hotel and sports complex located in Edmonton, Alberta and subsequent refinancing that included C$45 million senior debt term facility and C$200 million high yield cross-border bonds; this deal marks the first time a Canadian First Nation-owned company issued cross-border bonds
- Advising a Canadian borrower in connection with a cross-border syndicated credit facility in the aggregate amount of CAN$37.5 million
- Advising Agents and Lenders of a senior secured US$120 million cross-border syndicated credit facility made to a renewable energy company. The proceeds of this 4-year revolving facility will enable continued operation of, and investments in, wind farms or wind projects currently in development or under construction in the North and South America.
- Counsel to Tenor Capital Management as DIP lender to Crystallex International Corporation in its CCAA / Chapter 15
- Counsel to First Uranium in connection with its $405 million sale of all of its principal operating assets
- Counsel to the Ad Hoc Group of First Lien Lenders of Catalyst Paper Corporation and certain of its subsidiaries in their CCAA/ Chapter 15 proceedings
- Counsel to Toronto Community Housing Corporation in connection with certain of its credit arrangements
- Canadian counsel to lending syndicate in connection with loans to Student Transportation of America, Student Transportation of Canada and Parkview Transit
- Counsel to Grant Forest Products Inc. on the CCAA and US Bankruptcy Court approved acquisition of its OSB facilities by Georgia-Pacific LLC for US$400 million
- Canadian counsel for a syndicate of lenders in providing US$1.3 billion financing to a large multinational
- Counsel to a Canadian mining company in connection with the offering and issue of CDN$110 million in senior secured convertible notes by way of private placement through a syndicate of underwriters
- Counsel for a syndicate of lenders in providing senior secured credit facilities to one Canada’s largest golf club owner and operator, secured by charges on several golf course properties
- Counsel to BDO Dunwoody Limited as CCAA monitor and interim receiver of Sapphire Tower Development Corp.
- Focus on Financial Services - May 2010
- Focus on Financial Services - October 2009
- Lender Strategy in Light of New Pension Priorities