Michał Karwacki is a counsel in Dentons' Warsaw office and a member of the M&A and Private Equity Practice Team in Warsaw. Michał specialises in venture capital, private equity transactions, mergers & acquisitions, green field investments and corporate law.
Michał is a corporate transaction lawyer with over 13 years of professional experience, able to individually manage and provide a full range of legal services connected with M&A and PE/VC transactions, from structuring of the deal, through negotiations and post-completion actions.
- Assisting ABC Data S.A., the listed leading Polish IT distributor in the disposal of the distressed assets in Romania, including exit from Scop Computers S.A.
- Assisting MCI Management S.A. in their acquisition of 20% stake in the leading public IT distribution company in Turkey, and connected minority stake investment by the Turkish owner in the leading public IT distribution company in Poland owned by MCI
- Representing Montagu in a bid for a major private medical care provider in Poland
- Representing Highlander Partners in a successful bid for the acquisition of the target operating in the financial services sector
- Advising a Riverside Company in number of contemplated investments in CEE region and Turkey in the the IT and financing sectors
- Representing NFI EMF Empik, the leading distributor of media and entertainment goods, listed on the Warsaw stock exchange, in restructuring of its porftolio companies, including merger of number of sisters companies and in the acquisition of a majority stake in a Polish publishing house
- Representing Kerten PE in the alternative financing process based on sale and lease back instruments
- Advising IK Investment on its investment in a leading Polish food processing company, one of the largest LBOs in Poland
- Advising Abris Capital fund on number of its investment, including investment in a car leasing business and a leading aluminium business
- Advising Advent International on its exit from the railway components business
- Advising Cadbury Wedel on its green field investment project in the Polish Economic Zone
- Advising Dell Inc. on its green field investment project in the Polish Economic Zone
Michał is identified by clients as a “reputable private equity specialist” with "energenic approach", endorsed for his "efficiency, experience and excellent skill-set" and "as a noteworthy lawyer who is thorough and committed” in the 2009 - 2013 editions of the international legal ranking Chambers Europe.
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- Counsel – Dentons (formerly Salans), Warsaw (2010 to date)
- Senior Associate – Clifford Chance, Warsaw (2007-2010)
- Associate – Baker & McKenzie, Warsaw (2000-2007)