Sharon is an associate in Dentons' (Dentons) Business Law Group. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and commercial law, as well as competition law and antitrust matters.Sharon also has experience drafting and negotiating software licensing, technology and e-commerce agreements, including privacy and technology development and services agreements.
Sharon joined Dentons in 2007, first as a summer student in the Montreal office then later as an articling student.
- Agency of the Province of Ontario: Acting as a counsel to an agency of the Province of Ontario involved in health care for the contract negotiations of a RFP.
- Software technology firm: Acting for the client in connection with licensing and service related agreements.
- Appraisal management company: Acting for the client in respect of technology development agreements.
- Publicly-traded multinational company: Acting as a counsel in respect of a due diligence review involving a potential target, which included the review of technology and intellectual property related commercial contracts.
- "A Midsummer Round-Up of Recent Competition and Foreign Investment Developments", Focus on Competition | Antitrust | Foreign Investment Review, August 2012
- "New Guidance on Hostile Transactions", Focus on Competition | Antitrust, August 2011
- Focus on Competition | Antitrust - July 2011
- "Intellectual Property: is it useful or unnecessary to register a license?", with Xavier Van Overmeire, published in L’Exportateur, May 2009
Activities and Affiliations
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Quebec Bar
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
Community Involvement and Pro Bono
- Member of the Korean Canadian Lawyers Association
- Volunteer, Kindness in Action