Stefanie Warren handles both commercial and environmental litigation. Ms. Warren defends clients against a variety of class actions including mislabeling and false representation, telemarketing, unfair competition, and wage and hour claims. She also represents and defends clients in trade secret, breach of contract, and partnership disputes. Ms. Warren has experience handling environmental claims including CEQA Compliance, the Clean Water Act, CERCLA Litigation, Proposition 65 Litigation, RCRA Litigation, and the Toxic Substances Control Act. She also represents clients before administrative agencies. Ms. Warren is a member of the San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board.
Stefanie has been recognized as a 2015 “Rising Star” by Southern California Super Lawyers and "Best of the Bar" by the San Diego Business Journal.
- Represented resort operators in defense of class action alleging water intrusion and mold growth. Successful opposition to class certification and summary judgment granted.
- Represented property owners in defense and prosecution of Superfund and common law environmental cost recovery / contribution claims in state and federal court.
- Defended manufacturers and retailers of consumer products in compliance and liability actions under Proposition 65.
- Defended operator in administrative proceeding regarding RCRA permit violations.
- Represented manufacturer and coordinated strategic defense activities in 30+ toxic tort cases.
- Represented distilled spirits manufacturer in consumer class action against claims of false and misleading labels (all natural litigation).
- Represented consumer goods manufacturer in consumer class action against claims of false and misleading labels (all natural litigation).
- Conducted work place investigations of trade secret misappropriation and harassment claims.
- Defended employers in multiple wage and hour, misclassification, and expense reimbursement class actions and arbitrations.
- Honorable Irma E. Gonzalez, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, 2005-06
- "Seeking clearer waters? EPA aims to clarify federal jurisdiction in the new 'Waters of the United States' rule," Dentons Client Alert, May 29, 2015
- "Just Like We Learned From Mom: If You Don't Have Something Nice to Say Consider Whether You May Be Liable for Defamation," SDSI Newsletter, October 7, 2013.
- "How to Stage Modern Sports Experience in Nontraditional Setting" - Sports Business Journal - May 20, 2013.
- "Ask the Expert: California Supreme Court Takes Stand to Protect Consumers and Online Retailers," Transworld Business, February 13, 2013.
- "It Ain't Easy Being Green in California," SDSI Newsletter, October 5, 2012.
- "Forty Million Reasons to Think Before You Make a Marketing Claim," Transworld Business, May, 2012.
- "California Throws a Penalty Flag on Retailers' Zip Code Requests," NSGA Retail Focus, November/December, 2011.
- "Where Do You Live? . . . Retailers Want to Know!" Transworld Business , June, 2011.
Activities and Affiliations
Community Involvement and Pro Bono
- Member, San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board
- “Do (Your) Diligence: Managing Environmental Risks in Real Estate Transactions,” Association of Corporate Counsel, San Diego Chapter, Real Estate Round Table, November 8, 2013.
- "Environmental Issues in Commercial Transactions > From Dirt to Debt - Be Diligent!" Association of Corporate Counsel, San Diego Chapter, October Brown Bag Program, San Diego, October 7, 2010.
- Women In Sports Events (WISE) – Board Member
- Fair Play Advisory Council
- California Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association - Environment / Land Use Section
- Welsh Inn of Court
- Lawyers Club of San Diego