Wayne Rogers is a senior advisor in the Public Law practice. His experience covers a wide range of areas, including engineering, construction, project finance, and development and privatization. He has overseen a staff that includes lawyers, engineers, manufacturing and construction managers, financial analysts, and operations and maintenance personnel. Wayne utilizes his experience in the direction of projects and companies involving site owners, manufacturers, lenders, contractors, regulators and utilities. He has been a policy advisor to power producers, municipalities, irrigation districts, and state and federal government. He has experience in regulatory matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Congress, state legislatures and public utility commissions.
He has directed energy definitional missions to Grenada, Honduras, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Guatemala, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Pakistan and India. He has been included on influential trade missions such as President Clinton's historic visit to India, Energy Secretary Hazel O'Leary's mission to Pakistan, Commerce Secretary Daley's mission to India and most recently the Commerce Department's clean energy trade mission to China and India. Wayne has participated in the Aspen Strategy Group (Aspen Institute) program on South Asia-US Relations. He has testified before Congress and spoken at many conferences on renewable energy. He is heavily engaged in policy concerning global climate change.
Activities and Affiliations
- Board member, CAREFIRST Blue Cross Blue Shield
- board member, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center
- member, Federal Energy Bar Association
- past vice chair, American Bar Association Committee on
- past president, National Hydropower Association
- Past chairman, Maryland Democratic Party
- past member, Executive Committee, Democratic National
- past member, Executive Committee, Association of State
- Board member/trustee, Democratic Senatorial Campaign
- national finance vice chair, Clinton-Gore for President
- Maryland campaign chair, Gore-Lieberman for President
- Maryland campaign chair and U.S. finance vice chair,
Kerry-Edwards for President
- national finance vice chair, Democratic Convention 2000 and
- Site Selection Committee, Democratic Convention 2004
- finance chair, Ben Cardin for Senate '06
- chair, Energy Transition Team, Maryland Governor Martin
Prior and Present Employment
He has been very active in the Democratic Party and has served in many capacities working with the president, governors, members of Congress and state legislatures, including having served as the chair of the Maryland Democratic Party.
Wayne is chairman of Synergics, which owns and operates renewable energy power stations and provides consulting services in energy, infrastructure and related areas. The practice has financed, constructed and operated both renewable and conventional power stations in nine states and participated in power projects around the world.