Julie joined our offices in Calgary as an articling student in 2009 and is now an associate practising in the Securities and Corporate Commercial groups of the Toronto office. Julie is also a member of our emerging Climate Change, Cleantech and Emissions Trading group. She is a member of the bar in Alberta and Ontario.
Julie's practice focuses on corporate finance, securities, mergers and acquisitions, energy and general corporate commercial law. Julie has experience in a variety of transactions, including due diligence and advising with respect to both asset and share purchase and sale transactions, joint ventures, and related energy and commercial agreements. In addition, Julie advises energy and cleantech clients on climate change strategy, emissions trading, cleantech projects and renewable energy projects.
- Counsel to Premier Gold Corporation (TSX: PG) and Premier Royalty Corporation in connection with the reverse takeover transaction with Bridgeport Ventures Inc. with a value of approximately C$100 million
- Counsel to Andina Minerals Inc. (TSX-V: ADM) on its acquisition by take-over bid and compulsory acquisition by Hochschild Mining PLC for approximately C$103 million
- Counsel to Premier Royalty Corporation in connection with its acquisition from Aberdeen International Inc. of a 1% net smelter return royalty on gold produced from Village Main Reef Limited's Buffelsfontein Mine and First Uranium Corporation's Mine Waste Solutions tailings recovery project in the Republic of South Africa for C$20.9 million
- Counsel to BP Canada in connection with its US$1.67 billion agreement to sell its Canadian natural gas liquids business to Plains Midstream Canada
- In addition, Julie has acted for:
- several developers of renewable energy projects under Ontario’s Feed-In-Tariff Program
- several lenders in connection with project financing for the development, construction and operation of renewable energy projects in Ontario
- a major integrated energy company with respect to the structuring and negotiation of arrangements put in place as a result of the Renewable Fuels Regulations SOR/2010-189
- "Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction in Ontario: A Discussion Paper from the Provincial Government", Focus on Cleantech | Climate Change, February 2013
- Renewable Fuel Regulations: Important New Federal Regulations Affecting the Canadian Fuel Industry
- "New British Columbia Oil and Gas Regulations", Focus on Energy, October 2010
- Focus on Climate Change - May 2010
Activities and Affiliations
- Assisted, "Programs Supporting Cleantech and Clean Energy Development in Canada", Cleantech Forum, San Francisco, March 2011