Lara's practice focuses on corporate and securities law with emphasis on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. Her transactional experience includes domestic and cross-border public and private corporate finance transactions representing issuers and underwriters as well as merger and acquisitions transactions. She also advises public issuers on general corporate and securities law matters including stock exchange listings, continuous disclosure obligations and other regulatory compliance issues.
- Kinaxis, HarbourVest and TechnoCap: Counseling Kinaxis, HarbourVest and TechnoCap in CA$45.8 million secondary offering of Kinaxis common shares. This was a follow-on offering to Kinaxis’ CA$115 million TSX IPO.
- Kinaxis Inc.: Counseling a leading provider of cloud-based subscription software, in its CA$115 million TSX IPO, the largest SaaS IPO in TSX history. The deal was also the largest Canadian technology IPO on the TSX in 2014 and the highest performing Canadian IPO in 2014.
- Patheon Inc. (TSX: PT): Acting as Canadian counsel to this leading provider of contract development and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical industry in connection with its US$2.6 billion going private transaction by way of plan of arrangement, and business combination with DSM’s pharmaceutical products business.
- Patheon Inc.: Representing as Canadian counsel to a leading provider of contract development and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical industry, in its US$255 million acquisition of Banner Pharmacaps and US$30 million rights offering of restricted voting shares.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited and Premier Royalty Corporation: Counseling in connection with the reverse transaction with Bridgeport Ventures Inc. with a value of approximately CA$100 million.
- DragonWave Inc.: Advising on its acquisition of Nokia Siemens Networks’ microwave transport business, including its associated operational support system and related support functions, and new credit facilities from Comerica Bank and EDC to support the acquisition and working capital requirements in the amount of up to US$60 million.
- DragonWave Inc.: Counseling in the CA$9.5 million acquisition of Axerra Networks, Inc., a leader in pseudowire technology.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited: Counseling in connection with its CA$18 million private placement of flow-through common shares.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited: Counseling in connection with its US$24 million acquisition of Saddle Gold, Inc.
- DragonWave Inc.: Counseling telecommunications equipment maker DragonWave Inc. in its US$129 million NASDAQ IPO.
- International Royalty Corporation: Counseling the syndicate of agents on CA$192.5 million initial public offering of common shares and concurrent private placement of debt securities of International Royalty Corporation.
- Western Canadian Coal Corporation: Counseling the underwriters on the CA$125 million convertible debenture offering of Western Canadian Coal Corporation.
- Resource Limited Partnership: Counseling the syndicate of agents on the CA$200 million IPO by CMP 2008 Resource Limited Partnership.
- Meridian Gold Inc.: Acting as counsel in connection with CA$3.5 billion take-over bid by Yamana Gold Inc., including "poison pill" hearing before the Ontario Securities Commission. Meridian Gold Inc., Re (2007), 30 O.S.C.B. 9307 (O.S.C.).
- FNX Mining Company Inc.: Counseling the underwriters on CA$102 million bought deal financing.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2013 has distinguished members of our Ottawa Technology Group with its highest ranking in the Technology sector in Ottawa
In the Media
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association