Lara's practice focuses on corporate and securities law with emphasis on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. Her transactional experience includes domestic and cross-border public and private corporate finance transactions representing issuers and underwriters as well as merger and acquisitions transactions. She also advises public issuers on general corporate and securities law matters including stock exchange listings, continuous disclosure obligations and other regulatory compliance issues.
- Counsel to Kinaxis Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based subscription software, in its $100.6 million TSX IPO (June 2014)
- Canadian counsel to Patheon Inc. (TSX: PTI), a leading provider of contract development and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical industry, in its pending US$2.6 billion going private transaction by way of plan of arrangement, and business combination with DSM’s pharmaceutical products business
- Canadian counsel to Patheon Inc., a leading provider of contract development and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical industry, in its US$255 million acquisition of Banner Pharmacaps and US$30 million rights offering of restricted voting shares (December 2012)
- Counsel to Premier Gold Mines Limited and Premier Royalty Corporation in connection with the reverse transaction with Bridgeport Ventures Inc. with a value of approximately $100 million
- Counsel to DragonWave Inc. on its acquisition of Nokia Siemens Networks’ microwave transport business, including its associated operational support system and related support functions, and new credit facilities from Comerica Bank and EDC to support the acquisition and working capital requirements in the amount of up to US$60 million (June 2012)
- Counsel to DragonWave Inc. on its $9.5 million acquisition of Axerra Networks, Inc., a leader in pseudowire technology (2010)
- Counsel to Premier Gold Mines Limited in connection with its $18 million private placement of flow-through common shares
- Counsel to Premier Gold Mines Limited in connection with its US$24 million acquisition of Saddle Gold, Inc.
- Counsel to telecommunications equipment maker DragonWave Inc. in its US$129 million NASDAQ IPO (October 2009)
- Counsel to the syndicate of agents on $192.5 million initial public offering of common shares and concurrent private placement of debt securities of International Royalty Corporation
- Counsel to the underwriters on $125 million convertible debenture offering of Western Canadian Coal Corporation
- Counsel to the syndicate of agents on the $200 million IPO by CMP 2008 Resource Limited Partnership
- Counsel to Meridian Gold Inc. in connection with $3.5 billion take-over bid by Yamana Gold Inc., including "poison pill" hearing before the Ontario Securities Commission. Meridian Gold Inc., Re (2007), 30 O.S.C.B. 9307 (O.S.C.)
- Counsel to the underwriters on $102 million bought deal financing of FNX Mining Company Inc.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2013 has distinguished members of our Ottawa Technology Group with its highest ranking in the Technology sector in Ottawa
In the Media
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association