Marie-Hélène Dufour practises in civil and commercial litigation with a focus on commercial litigation and construction law.
She has represented general and specialized contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers and equipment manufacturers in several construction projects. She has appeared on numerous occasions before the Superior Court.
In 2008, she graduated from the London School of Economics and Political Science with a Master of Laws where she focused on the English approach of public-private partnerships.
- Owners and contractors: Advising in connection with industrial, commercial and institutional construction projects, in particular, the revision of their contracts and invitations to tender.
- Agence des partenariats public-privé du Québec: Advising in connection with the Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CHUM), the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) and the Centre hospitalier universitaire Sainte-Justine (CHU Sainte-Justine) modernization projects.
- Groupe Aecon Limited: Acting as counsel in connection with legal proceedings of CA$100 million against the Société d’énergie de la Baie-James and Hydro-Québec, regarding the construction of the Eastmain-1 central.
- Administration portuaire de Montréal: Advising regarding various legal proceedings following the rebuilding of some harbor projects.
- During her studies, Marie-Hélène Dufour received an honorable mention from the Dean of the Faculty of Law at Université Laval
- 2004 Laskin Moot Competition: Member of the team that was awarded first place for best pleadings, first place for best factum, and third place for overall performance
- Compilation of Major Québec Decisions of 2008 in Banking Litigation (part 2 of 2)
- Compilation of Major Quebec Decisions of 2008 in Banking Litigation (part 1 of 2)
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Québec Bar
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Young Bar Association of Montreal
- “Public-Private Partnerships: The Lawyer’s Role”, seminar in partnership with the Université de Montréal and the Québec Bar in the framework of compulsory continuing legal education for the members of the Québec Bar (co-presentation with Xavier Van Overmeire and Michel Jodoin), February 4, 2010
- Speaker at the Canadian Institute’s Construction Superconference on “La prévention des conflits, la gestion des différends et la resolution des litiges”, November 2008