Scott Rozansky practices corporate and commercial law from Dentons Canada LLP’s Montreal office.
Scott represents clients engaged in a broad range of commercial activity but focusing primarily on public and private corporate financings, takeovers, and mergers and acquisitions. He also assists these clients on strategies and corporate governance issues. Scott regularly advises on matters relating to e-commerce and internet-based channels of business. He also represents foreign clients establishing or acquiring a business in Canada and guides them through the particularities of doing business in Québec.
Scott has published articles on a variety of subjects including the interpretation of “substantially all” of a company’s assets under the Canada Business Corporations Act and securityholder rights.
- Cascades Inc.: Advising in connection with its concurrent note offering of $US 550 million and CA$250 million senior notes (2014).
- Cascades Inc.: Advising in connection with its offer to purchase all of its outstanding US$500 million and CA$200 million senior notes (2014).
- Syndicate of Underwriters: Advising on the distribution of an aggregate of 55,728,580 Common Shares of Knight Therapeutics Inc. issuable pursuant to the exercise of an aggregate of 55,728,580 special warrants (2014).
- Syndicate of Underwriters: Advising on a CA$180 million bought deal private placement of special warrants of Knight Therapeutics Inc. (2014).
- Syndicate of Underwriters: Advising on a CA$75 million bought deal private placement of special warrants of Knight Therapeutics Inc. (2014).
- Natunola Agritech Inc.: Advising special committee of independent directors in connection with its going private transaction (2014).
- VVC Exploration Corporation: Advising on its significant acquisition of Camex Mining Development Group Inc. (2013).
- Buzz Telecommunications Services Inc.: Advising special committee of independent directors in connection with its going private transaction (2013).
- AMETEK: Acting as Canadian counsel with respect to the sale of Creaform Inc. to AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices, for approximately US$120 million.
- Dr. Tax: Advising shareholders on its sale to Thomson Reuters.
- Adamus Resources Limited: Advising with respect to its CA$313 million combination by way of a scheme of arrangement with Endeavour Mining Corporation.
- Tembec Industries Inc.: Advising with respect to the completion of its cross-border offer to exchange up to US$255 million of outstanding senior notes.
- Leading U.S e-commerce/e-marketing company: Advising on all matters with respect to its expansion into Canada.
- Very large U.S manufacturer of industrial products: Advising on all matters with respect to its expansion into Canada.
- Syndicate of Underwriters: Advising on a CA$40.25 million bought deal offering by Paladin Labs Inc.
- Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Limited: Advising with respect to its CA$4.9 billion acquisition by Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
- Boralex Inc.: Advising on its CA$226.5 million successful take-over bid for Boralex Power Income Fund.
- Boralex Inc.: Advising on its bought-deal offering of CA$109.25 million aggregate principal amount of convertible debentures, including an initial CA$95 million offering and an additional CA$14.25 million offering pursuant to the exercise of an over-allotment option.
- Optimal Group Inc.: Advising a group of insiders on its acquisition of Optimal Group Inc. by way of a takeover bid.
- Tembec Inc.: Acting as Canadian co-counsel in connection with its US$255 million offering of 11.25% notes of its wholly owned subsidiary, Tembec Industries Inc.
- Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Limited: Advising on its private placement offering of US$100 million of senior secured bonds.
- Syndicate of Underwriters: Advising on a CA$58.7 million bought deal offering by Paladin Labs Inc.
- SCC Released the Detailed Reasons for BCE Judgment
- “National Instrument 31-103: Registration Requirements and Exemptions”, article published in Focus on Securities, August 2009 (written in collaboration with Charles R. Spector)
- “Meaning of Substantially All the Property of a Corporation”, article published in Corporate Liability, 2008 (written in collaboration with Sophie Melchers)
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Québec Bar
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Lord Reading Law Society
- President, Securities Committee of the Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Branch
- Vice-President, Jewish Chamber of Commerce
- “Legal Considerations for Entrepreneurs”, conference organized by the Concordia Entrepreneurship Management Association, March 2009