Scott Rozansky has experience in a wide range of commercial transactions focusing primarily on public and private corporate financing, takeovers, and mergers and acquisitions. He regularly advises public and private companies on strategies and corporate governance issues.
Scott regularly advises clients with respect to e-commerce matters and internet-based channels of business.
Scott has also recently been involved in advising a number of foreign clients on establishing or acquiring businesses in Canada, including the intricacies of doing business in Quebec.
Scott joined Dentons Canada LLP in 2008.
- Canadian counsel to AMETEK with respect to the sale of Creaform Inc. to AMETEK, Inc. a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices for approximately US$120 million
- LKQ Corporation: Advising LKQ Corporation as Canadian counsel on the amendment to its senior secured credit facility that increased the aggregate amount available to US$1.8 billion as well as its US$600 million bond issuance. LKQ Corporation is a leading provider of alternate vehicle collision replacement products and recycled transmissions and remanufactured engines with operations in the US, the UK, the Benelux, France, Canada, Mexico and Central America. Wells Fargo Bank, National Association acted as Administrative Agent for the credit facility, which is structured as a US$1.35 billion revolving loan and US$450 million term loan availability. Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo Securities, RBS, and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities acted as joint book-running managers and the co-managers of the public debt (bond) offering of US$600 million aggregate principal amount of 4.75% senior notes, due in 2023
- Counsel to Shareholders on the sale of Dr. Tax to Thomson Reuters
- Counsel to Adamus Resources Limited with respect to its $313 million combination by way of a scheme of arrangement with Endeavour Mining Corporation
- Counsel to Tembec Industries Inc. with respect to the completion of its cross-border offer to exchange up to US$255 million of outstanding senior notes
- Representing a leading U.S e-commerce/e-marketing company in all matters with respect to its expansion into Canada
- Representing a very large U.S manufacturer of industrial products in all matters with respect to its expansion into Canada
- Counsel to the underwriters on a $40.25 million bought deal offering by Paladin Labs Inc.
- Counsel to Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Limited with respect to its $4.9 billion acquisition by Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
- Counsel to Boralex Inc. on its $226.5 million successful take-over bid for Boralex Power Income Fund
- Counsel to Boralex Inc. on its bought-deal offering of $109.25 million aggregate principal amount of convertible debentures, including an initial $95 million offering and an additional $14.25 million offering pursuant to the exercise of an over-allotment option
- Counsel to a group of insiders of Optimal Group Inc. on its acquisition of Optimal Group Inc. by way of a takeover bid
- Canadian co-counsel to Tembec Inc. in connection with its US$255 million offering of 11.25% notes of its wholly owned subsidiary, Tembec Industries Inc.
- Counsel to Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Limited on its private placement offering of US$100 million of senior secured bonds
- Counsel to Cascades Inc. on concurrent senior note offerings of US$500 million and CDN$200 million, and a follow-on of US$250 million
- Counsel to the underwriters on a $58.7 million bought deal offering by Paladin Labs Inc.
- SCC Released the Detailed Reasons for BCE Judgment
- “National Instrument 31-103: Registration Requirements and Exemptions”, article published in Focus on Securities, August 2009 (written in collaboration with Charles R. Spector)
- “Meaning of Substantially All the Property of a Corporation”, article published in Corporate Liability, 2008 (written in collaboration with Sophie Melchers)
Activities and Affiliations
- Member of the Québec Bar
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Lord Reading Law Society
- President of the Securities Committee of the Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Branch.
- “Legal Considerations for Entrepreneurs”, conference organized by the Concordia Entrepreneurship Management Association, March 2009