Mike is an associate with Dentons' Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group, where he has a growing practice in civil and commercial litigation. He has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Divisional Court and the Commercial List (Toronto).
Mike is also a member of Dentons' Alternative Dispute Resolution Group. He has appeared in several mediations, and has acted as counsel in arbitrations related to a variety of topics, including energy distribution, lease renewals and shareholder disputes.
While completing his J.D., Mike was awarded top oralist in both the Lerners LLP Cup Appellate Advocacy Competition and the First Year Appellate Competition. Mike was also a member of the winning team in the 2008 Davies Corporate/Securities Law Moot.
Mike is also a frequent contributor to the Dentons' Canadian Securities Litigation blog.
- Acting for a Canadian financial institution in defending a $280 million claim for breach of contract and misrepresentation
- Acting for a financial institution in tracing, freezing and recovering the proceeds of a €4.8 million fraud in a number of different jurisdictions
- Acting for employees of a brokerage firm in defending a $25 million claim for breach of fiduciary duty
- Acted for a brokerage firm in successfully defending a number of employment-related claims
- Acting for one of the Big 4 Canadian accounting firms in a multi-million dollar professional negligence claim
- Acted for a major car manufacturer in successfully enforcing a settlement agreement
- Acted as co-counsel in a $40 million arbitration involving a joint venture dispute over an energy distribution system
- Acted as co-counsel in a rent arbitration involving a multi-year renewal of 110,000 square feet of office space in Toronto
- Acted as co-counsel in a domestic arbitration involving a shareholder dispute
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
- Member, ADR Institute of Canada