In today’s dynamic business and regulatory environment for corporate transactions, you need a partner with knowledge, versatility and determination to help you achieve your goals.
Our lawyers work on the full spectrum of corporate transactions and are located in offices across the globe in order to deliver seamless, integrated solutions to clients. Using a forward-thinking approach, Dentons works together with you to create innovative solutions, helping you preserve value while managing risk.
From strategic planning through due diligence to post-closing integration, we are by your side, helping you effectively and efficiently meet your business needs. Our practical approach, coupled with sound, constructive and responsive advice, allows you to navigate roadblocks at critical moments.
With transactional expertise, deep knowledge of the industries in which you operate and far-reaching experience in advising global, national and emerging companies, we maximize our global presence and local expertise to meet your needs.
More About Corporate
- AltaGas Ltd.: Advising on regulatory, commercial, and construction procurement matters and the development of the 195 MW Forrest Kerr Hydro-Electric Project and Northwest Transmission Line Project in British Columbia.
- Capital Power Income L.P.: Advising on its CA$1.1 billion acquisition by Atlantic Power Corporation.
- Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Limited: Advising on its acquisition by Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. for $4.9 billion. This deal was described as the most valuable deal of the 2011 first quarter in the global metals market in PwC's Q4 2011 report Forging Ahead and was credited by the Globe and Mailin January 2011 with helping to propel the Canadian dollar.
- EMI Group Ltd: Acting as US local counsel in connection with the sale of its worldwide music publishing operations to a consortium including Sony/ATV Music Publishing and the sale of its worldwide recorded music operations to Universal Music Group. The deal saw us advising, among other things, on the complex task of documenting numerous corporate transactions in order to separate the music publishing operations and recorded music operations from one another to make the successful separated sale possible.
- European Refreshments / The Coca-Cola Company: Representing European Refreshments, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, on acquisition of Nidan Juices, the fourth largest juice producer in Russia, from Lion Capital, a UK-based private equity fund. This acquisition will strengthen the Company’s commitment to Russia and exemplify its continued investment.
- Groupe Canal+: Advising on a strategic investment in TVN, a leading private media group, listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. This involved: (i) €230 million equity investment in TVN Group and strategic partnership with ITI Group, a shareholder controlling TVN, and (ii) €1.5 billion merger of Canal+’s and TVN’s satellite TV digital platforms in Poland. Groupe Canal+ will pay a total cash consideration of around €230 million for a 40 percent minority stake in N-Vision, which indirectly owns a 51 percent majority stake in TVN, with an option to buy the rest of the stake over time. ITI Group will continue to own the remaining 60 percent controlling stake in N-Vision. The satellite TV platforms of Canal+ and N-Vision are to be merged to create a leading premium TV platform in Poland.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A.: Advising this bank as ADR depository bank in connection with the US$323 million IPO of Mobile TeleSystems OJSC on NYSE.
- Katz Group Canada Inc.: Advising on the sale of its independent pharmacy banner business conducted by Drug Trading Company Limited and all of the shares of its independent franchise retail pharmaceutical business carried on by Medicine Shoppe Canada Inc. to McKesson Canada Corporation for C$925 million.
- Sahaviriya Steel Group PLC.: Advising on the $468 million purchase of a mothballed steel plant in the north of England by Sahaviriya Steel Industries (SSI). The deal involved a multi-practice team for the complex asset acquisition and financing of a steel production facility, Teesside Cast Products, from Tata Steel Group. This deal represented one of the largest manufacturing transactions in the UK and was shortlisted for the “Corporate Team of The Year” at the 2012 Legal Business Awards.
- Sumi Agro Europe Limited: Advising on the creation of a pan-European alliance with Sipcam to develop and distribute agro-chemicals in various European countries, including Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova and Bulgaria.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc.: Advising on its $337 million acquisition of publicly traded DALSA Corporation (TSX: DSA) (DALSA) by plan of arrangement. Teledyne is a leading provider of sophisticated instrumentation, digital imaging products and software, aerospace and defense electronics, and engineered systems with operations primarily located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Mexico. DALSA, now Teledyne DALSA, Inc., is an international leader in high performance digital imaging and semiconductors. The company designs, develops, manufactures and markets digital imaging products and solutions, in addition to providing specialized semiconductor foundry services, with core competencies in advanced integrated circuit and electronics technology, software, and highly engineered semiconductor wafer processing.
- Total, SA: Advising one of the world’s largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas companies on the sale of its French solar energy subsidiary Tenesol S.A. to SunPower Corporation, a Silicon Valley-based manufacturer of high-efficiency solar cells, solar panels and solar systems.
- Virgin Active: Advising on the acquisition of Esporta's UK business of 55 health clubs from Société Générale.
- Vivendi: Advising a French provider of multinational communication and media entertainment services on the sale of its interest in Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa, a Polish leading telecoms company, and related settlement of the shareholders’ dispute.
- Zarlink Semiconductor: Representing a leading provider of mixed-signal chip technologies for a broad range of communications and medical applications, on all US legal matters, including a US$500 million takeover bid initiated by Microsemi Corporation.
June 9, 2015
May 22, 2015
On 19 May, Raj Kulasingam, Senior Counsel, was interviewed by CNBC Africa. He discusses a report by Dapo Okubadejo of KPMG, which suggests that the future demands of the rapidly emerging middle-class consumers will drive the next wave of private equity investment on the continent. Read more
May 19, 2015
The 2015 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business ranks 101 total Dentons practices and lawyers and marks the advancement of key Firm practices and individuals. Read more
Dentons wins Single Deal Adviser Award at Private Equity Africa Awards Read more
View all recognition for Corporate
July 28, 2015
July 27, 2015
On 14 July 2015 the President of Azerbaijan signed a new Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On Securities Markets” (the “Securities Markets Law”) and a law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On Introducing Amendments to the Civil Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan" related to securities regulation (the "Amendments to the Civil Code”). On 15 July 2015, the President also signed a new Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On Advertising” (the “Advertising Law”), which includes certain provisions related to the advertising of securities and financial services. In this Client Alert we summarize the material points of these pieces of legislation. Read more
A regional and global hub for business, Dubai has entered a new development cycle, transitioning from strong recovery to promising growth. The Emirate's successful Expo 2020 win helped to solidify Dubai's reputation as a leading global investment destination, and the UAE's MSCI upgrade from frontier to emerging market status helped to further bolster this reputation. Read more
Welcome to the latest edition of Dentons' UK Corporate Briefing, a quarterly summary of the most significant recent and forthcoming developments in company law and corporate finance regulation in the UK. Read more
View all insights for Corporate
News and Events
Recent Press Releases
August 4, 2015
July 31, 2015
Dentons announced today that Maria Oleinik and Richard Cowie have joined its Corporate and M&A practice as partners in the Moscow office. Maria Oleinik has joined from White & Case together with associates Victoria Gorbunova and Antonina Zhigalova. Richard Cowie has joined from Hogan Lovells. Read more
July 23, 2015
Dentons advised Rio Tinto in the sale of its subsidiary ECL, specializing in design and installation of equipment for primary aluminum production, to Fives, a French industrial engineering leader in the aluminum sector. Read more
Dentons has advised the logistics group China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd. (CIMC) on the German legal aspects of the sale of a 40% stake in Albert Ziegler GmbH to China Fire Safety Enterprise Group, a Chinese manufacturer of firefighting equipment. Read more
View all press releases for Corporate